In the tradition of their Wolf of Wall Street vs. American Hustle battle a couple years back, Adam and Josh again find themselves on opposite sides of a pair of high-profile, late-year releases: Quentin Tarantino's THE HATEFUL EIGHT and Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu's THE REVENANT. On this week's show, that 12-round bout, and a look ahead at the new year in film with the Top 5 Most Anticipated Films of 2016.
This episode is brought to you by MUBI, Squarespace (code FILM) and Vermont College of Fine Art MFA.
Filmspotting #570 - Click here or the podcast icon to listen
0:00-3:20 - Billboard / Sponsors
3:20-47:33 - Review: "Revenant" vs. "Hateful Eight"
Music: David Bowie, "Cat People (Putting Out Fire)"
48:22-52:13 - Sponsors / SVU Promo
52:13-1:09:26 - Notes / Polls
Music: David Bowie, "Life on Mars?"
1:10:58-1:20:21 - Donations / Sponsor
1:20:21-1:47:00 - 2016 Movie Preview (Pt 1)
1:47:00-1:49:23 - Close
- David Bowie
- Josh's review of The Hateful Eight
- Josh's review of The Revenant
- The Hateful Eight and The Revenant bring the pain...
- The Revenant and The Hateful Eight go to hell
- Hipster Misogyny: The Betrayal of The Hateful Eight
- Michael Phillips on Alan Rickman
- Adam Sternbergh on Hans Gruber
- Kevin Smith on Rickman (starts at 56:32)
- Taylor's Squarespace site