Gaze into Filmspotting’s crystal ball as they reveal the stars of tomorrow! Josh and Adam reveal their Top 5 Up-and-Coming Actors and Actresses (Class of 2012), and discuss the new meta-horror flick "The Cabin in the Woods."
This episode is presented by Audible.com.
00-16:18 - Review: "The Cabin in the Woods"
Music: Kishi Bashi, "Manchester"
17:19-21:23 - Audible Recommendations
21:42-26:44 - Massacre Theatre
26:45-32:46 - Polls / Notes
32:47-47:32 - Listener Feedback: "Hunger Games"
Music: Kishi Bashi, "Bright Whites"
48:33-54:33 - Donations
54:59-1:22:59 - Top 5: Up-and-Comers (Class of '12)
1:23:00-1:25:18 - Close
- Adam on 21 Jump Street and Lockout; Jeff, Who Lives at Home; Bikes Feedback
- Kishi Bashi
- Kishi Bashi live on "Afternoon Shift"
- Brit Marling only co-wrote "Another Earth" with Mike Cahill; she did not co-direct it.
- Adam was referring to Greengrass and the Bourne Identity franchise, not the Doug Liman-directed first film.
- Massacre Theatre winner: Christopher Martin
- Audible recs: Sunset Park; The Art of Fielding: A Novel; Why Be Happy When You Can Be Normal; Serena; Brave New World
- ReelAbilities Chicago Disabilities Film Festival
- Filmspotting's Summer Docs Class
- Drive-in Double Feature
- "El Tecolote vs. The Body Thief Of Dimension X"
- Finnish film "Iron Sky"
- Top 5 Up-and-Coming Actors/Actresses
- Discuss with Filmspotters at the Forum
SPONSORS / PARTNERS
- Get A Free Audiobook
- The Q&A with Jeff Goldsmith-iTunes