Ten years from now, what directors will we hold in the same esteem as Paul Thomas Anderson and David Fincher? Adam and Josh reveal their Top 5 Directors of the Future, and discuss the new film starring talented newcomer Brit Marling, "Sound of My Voice."
This episode is presented by Squarespace.com.
:00-19:52 - Review: "Sound of My Voice"
Music: "Alabama Pines," Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit
21:13-22:36 - Squarespace
22:59-28:22 - Massacre Theatre
28:23-35:04 - Polls / Notes
34:16-41:49 - Listener Feedback: Top 5 Overlooked Films
Music: "Codeine," Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit
43:13-49:14 - Donations
49:42-1:20:01 - Top 5: Directors of the Future
1:20:01-1:23:46 - Close/Outtake
- "To Kill a Mockingbird" Feedback
- Jason Isbell
- Massacre Theatre winner: Tom Purcell
- "The Lost Boys" took place in fictional Santa CARLA
- I'm sorry Norway, but if Joachim Trier was born in Copenhagen, then I can call him Danish without feeling too guilty about it.
- Filmspotting #400: Live at Lincoln Hall
- Filmspotting's Summer Docs class
- Top 5 Directors of the Future
SPONSORS / PARTNERS
- Squarespace: Use code FILM5
- The Q&A with Jeff Goldsmith- iTunes