The sun shines and the land may be cheap, but if you’ve seen L.A. Confidential – or just about any movie set in the City of Angels – you know it's a town with a dark side. This week's Filmspotting Top 5: Los Angeles Movies. Plus, a review of the new LAPD drama "End of Watch" and the conclusion of the Contemporary Iranian Cinema Marathon.
This episode is presented by Audible.com.
:00-1:18 - Intro
1:41-18:53 - Review: "End Of Watch"
Music: Regina Spektor, "Small Town Moon"
20:32-22:50 - Audible
23:12-35:26 - Massacre Theatre / Polls / Notes
32:27-51:46 - Iranian Cinema Awards
Music: Regina Spektor, "All The Rowboats"
53:13-57:11 - Donations
57:24-1:22:36 - Top 5: L.A. Movies
1:22:37-1:24:46 - Close
- None this week, sorry
- Regina Spektor
- Yes, on second (and third) reference -- but not on first! -- Adam said "Thomas Vincent" Bridge instead of "Vincent Thomas" Bridge.
- Massacre Theatre winner: Dennis O'Hearn
- Audible recs: "Artemis Fowl" novels; "Ten Days that Shook the World: Russia"; "Argo: How the CIA and Hollywood Pulled Off the Most Audacious Rescue in History"
- YouTube: Los Angeles Plays Itself
- YouTube: The Mirror
- Ben's short film project
- Top 5 Los Angeles Movies
SPONSORS / PARTNERS
- Audible - Get a free audiobook
- The Q&A with Jeff Goldsmith-iTunes