Filmspotting likes reviewing movies, but what the hosts really want to do is direct. Themselves. Inspired by their discussion of Ben Affleck's "Argo," Adam and Josh countdown the Top 5 Movies Directed by Their Stars. Plus, they answer the age-old question, 'Who’s the private dick that’s a sex machine to all the chicks?' You’re damn right the Blaxploitation Marathon begins with "Shaft."
This episode is presented by Squarespace.com (use code FILM10) and FreshBooks.com.
:00-3:20 - Intro/FreshBooks
3:21-27:05 - Review: "Argo"
Music: The Avett Brothers, "Live and Die"
28:34-30:04 - Squarespace
30:09-37:12 - Massacre Theatre
37:13-42:10 - Polls, Notes
42:11-54:52 - Blaxploitation #1: "Shaft"
Music: The Avett Brothers, "Paul Newman vs. The Demons"
56:12-1:03:39 - Donations
1:03:57-1:29:45 - Top 5: Movies Directed by Their Stars
1:29:46-1:31:52 - Close / Outtake
- Looper, Doppelgangers Feedback
- The Avett Brothers
- Massacre Theatre winner: Ryan Jacobs
- Yes, Pauline Kael DID like "12 Angry Men"
- What was Adam saying about "Mulholland Dr." and "Singin' in the Rain"? Club Silencio / Switch-a-Roo
- Film Comment's Top 50 Self-Directed Performances
- Lighthouse Yoga & Acupuncture
- "Red Sand: a Mass Effect fan film"
- Tasha Robinson on "Falling Down"
- Josh's review of "Argo"
- Josh's review of "Shaft"
- Top 5 Movies Directed by Their Stars
- The Q&A with Jeff Goldsmith- iTunes