Winning an Oscar, only slightly more glamorous than joining the 10 million mile club like Ryan Bingham in “Up in the Air"... The Chicago Tribune’s Michael Phillips joins Adam and Josh for a special Oscars edition of Filmspotting to discuss who will win, who should win… and who should get their name on the side of a plane. Plus, the fourth and final Marx Bros. Marathon movie, "A Night at the Opera."
This episode is presented by Audible.
:00-1:36 - Billboard / Movie Pass
1:37-27:14 - 2013 Oscar Picks (Pt. 1)
Music: Adele, "Skyfall"
28:39-30:32 - Sponsor: Audible
30:33-37:38 - Massacre Theatre
37:39-46:45 - Polls / Notes
46:46-1:03:35 - Marx Bros. #4: "A Night at the Opera"
Music: Mychael Danna & Bombay Jayashri, "Pi's Lullaby"
1:04:45-1:10:56 - Donations
1:10:57-1:27:13 - 2013 Oscar Picks (Pt. 2)
1:27:14-1:30:31 - Close
- More Oscar picks w/ Michael Phillips
- AK: Probably should have been clearer... I definitely think Best Picture is a race between "Lincoln" and "Argo" not "Zero Dark Thirty." ZD30 just feels like -- and is -- the more 'important' film, which the Academy (rightly or wrongly) typically goes for.
- Audible recommendations: Life of Pi, A Prayer for Owen Meany, and Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho
- Massacre Theatre winner: Adam Wells
- Josh's "Night at the Opera" review
- Soderbergh's "Vulture" interview
- Oscar Picks
- The Q&A with Jeff Goldsmith- iTunes