The short version of Filmspotting's 2017 Movie Preview is easy: it starts with "Last" and ends with "Jedi." For a longer take, listen to this week's show, as Adam and Josh pose their top 5 questions about the new movie year. Plus, a little Oscar talk and Josh's recap of his time at the Sundance Film Festival.
This episode of Filmspotting is brought to you by MUBI.
Filmspotting #620 - Click here or the podcast icon to listen
0:00-2:18 - Billboard
2:18-45:29 - 2017 Movie Preview
Japandroids, "Near To The Wild Heart Of Life"
46:48-1:04:32 - Notes / Oscars Nominations
1:04:32-1:19:10 - Sundance Recap
Japandroids, "No Known Drink Or Drug"
1:20:28-1:25:58 - Donations
1:25:58-1:46:58 - Bunuel #4: "Diary Of A Chambermaid"
1:46:58-2:05:04 - Close / Hot Mics ("Split")
- Mark Boal wrote "The Hurt Locker" not "Black Hawk Down."
- British actress Naomie Harris is not "African-American."
- "The Handmaiden" wasn't eligible for the Oscars as it wasn't South Korea's nominee.
- Matt Singer's 2017 Preview
- Adam's Iowa City Meetup
- Movies Are Prayers, available for pre-order