Filmspotting recruits Kyle Buchanan, senior editor at New York Magazine's Vulture, to get the inside scoop on this weekend's Academy Awards. Plus, Adam and Josh celebrate the 40th anniversary of BLAZING SADDLES with a ‘Stampeding’ Sacred Cow review -- including authentic frontier gibberish!
This episode is presented by Squarespace (FILM2).
00-1:57 - Billboard / Squarespace
1:57-22:43 - Sacred Cow: "Blazing Saddles"
Music: "Let It Go," "Frozen"
23:32-26:32 - Squarespace
29:53-32:19 - Massacre Theatre
32:19-38:36 - Notes
38:36-56:53 - Oscar Picks Pt. 1
Music: "The Moon Song," "Her"
57:44-1:01:36 - Donations / SVU Promo
1:01:36-1:32:18 - Oscar Picks Pt. 2
1:32:18-1:36:08 - Close / Outtake
- Dubbing Miyazaki
- "Frozen," "Her"`
- Massacre Theatre winner: Jake Sturdevant, North Hollywood, CA
- Josh on "Blazing Saddles"
- Kyle Buchanan Archive
- Mad as Hell: The Making of Network and the Fateful Vision of the Angriest Man in Movies
- Kevin B. Lee's "Best Picture" video essay
- Joe Stracci's Kubrick project
- Rebecca's Squarespace site
- Top 5 Oscar Picks