O Captain! My Captain! if Robin Williams ever failed to seize the day, it wasn't on camera. Filmspotting celebrates the life of the late actor and comedian with a Sacred Cow review of 1989's DEAD POETS SOCIETY. Plus, Josh and Adam share their Top 5 Robin Williams Scenes.
0:00-2:00 - Billboard / Donations
2:00-24:23 - Top 5: Robin Williams Scenes
Music: Louis Armstrong, "What a Wonderful World"
26:11-38:09 - Lauren Bacall / Massacre Theatre
38:09-1:07:42 - Sacred Cow: "Dead Poets Society"
Music: Robin Williams, "Elmer Fudd Sings Bruce Springsteen"
1:08:43-1:16:00 - Donations / SVU Promo
1:16:00-1:45:11 - Top 5: Robin Williams Scenes cont.
1:45:11-1:48:28 - Close / Outtake
- Even more Boyhood
- Good Morning Vietnam Soundtrack
- Massacre Theatre winner: Kyle Schierholz, Albany, IL
- AK forgot to say it but he also regrets not seeing "Popeye" — first movie role, Altman, maligned on release but many have come to appreciate.
- Robin Williams - IMDb
- Josh's review of "Dead Poets Society"
- Atlantic article about "Dead Poets"
- Adam's Letterboxd Williams Reviews
- Terry Gilliam on Williams, "Fisher King"
- Noel Muray on Bacall
- Tufnell Park Film Club
- The Long Take in "Good Will Hunting"
- Jeffrey's sailing and music podcasts