Is "Battleship," from venerable auteur Hasbro, one of Filmspotting's most anticipated summer movies? No. No, it's not. Special guest Michael Phillips (Chicago Tribune) sits in for Filmspotting's Summer Movie Preview, and helps Adam and Josh reconsider the 1962 classic "To Kill a Mockingbird" in honor of its 50th Anniversary. Plus, some thoughts on two new acclaimed foreign-language films, "This Is Not a Film" and "Monsieur Lazhar."
This episode is presented by Audible.com.
00-29:48 - Reconsidering "To Kill A Mockingbird"
Music: "I Shall Be Released," The Band
30:53-32:59 - Audible Recommendations
33:27-39:39 - Massacre Theatre
39:40-46:56 - Polls / Notes
46:57-52:24 - Review: "Monsieur Lazhar"
52:25-1:05:22 - Review: "This Is Not a Film"
Music: The Band "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down," The Band
1:06:32-1:11:09 - Donations
1:11:40-1:36:36 - Top 5: Most Anticipated (Under The Radar) Summer Movies
1:36:37-1:39:18 - Close
- Michael Phillips' Up-and-Comers, Phone Calls
- Levon Helm/The Band
- Massacre Theatre winner: Jeremy Kennis
- Audible recs: The Great Gatsby; Stories I Only Tell My Friends; Then Again
- Michael Phillips
- Filmspotting's Summer Docs Class
- Drive-in Double Feature
- Top 5 Most Anticipated Summer Movies (Off the Radar)
- Discuss with Filmspotters at the Forum
SPONSORS / PARTNERS
- Get A Free Audiobook
- The Q&A with Jeff Goldsmith-iTunes